The 2018 Townsend Prize for Fiction Award Ceremony
On Thursday, April 19, 2018, book lovers throughout the state will gather together to celebrate the works of the authors chosen as finalists for this biennium’s awarding of the Townsend Prize for Fiction. The reception and award ceremony will take place at the historic DeKalb History Center in Downtown Decatur from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
The finalists for the 2018 award represent the very best achievements in letters by Georgia writers over the course of the preceding two years, reflecting the prize’s celebration of the Southern voice in all its intricacies and incarnations. The finalists for the 2018 Townsend Prize for Fiction are:
- The Guineveres by Sarah Domet
- Over the Plain Houses by Julia Franks
- The Opposite of Everyone by Joshilyn Jackson
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
- The Lemon Jell-O Syndrome by Man Martin
- Lightning Men by Thomas Mullen
- The Half Wives by Stacia Pelletier
- Among the Living by Jonathan Rabb
- Shadow of the Lions by Christoper Swann
- The Hidden Light of Northern Fires by Daren Wang
The 2018 Townsend Prize for Fiction award ceremony includes:
- An hors d’oeuvres buffet reception, beer and wine bar, and live music beginning at 6 p.m.
- The award ceremony program that begins at 7 p.m. with the presentation of the Atlanta Writers Club Scholarship for Perimeter College at Georgia State University students, followed by the Townsend’s keynote address from acclaimed author Brad Watson, whose books have been recognized twice as finalists for the National Book Award.
Admission, Registration, & Payment
Physical tickets will not be issued for this event. Registration and payment for admission to the reception and award ceremony will be available online only from mid-February through the first week of April. Please check back in mid-February for complete registration and payment details.
The DeKalb History Center is located at 101 East Court Square, Decatur, Georgia 30030. Guests of the 2018 Townsend Prize for Fiction can park at various locations around Downtown Decatur. Parking locations and rates can be found here.